Third Age Learning in Burlington
Third Age Learning movement was established in France in 1973. The movement rapidly spread throughout Europe and arrived in Canada, in Sherbrooke PQ, in the late 1970’s.
Third Age Learning Burlington (3ALB) serves the 55+ community.
3ALB presents series of stimulating and enlightening presentations designed to appeal to a broad range of interests in the senior community. (Multiple research studies indicate that, for this community, preventing cognitive decline is perhaps the best strategy for aging well.)
Each presentation series consists of 8 lectures offered over a period of 8 weeks. We currently offer a Fall and a Winter series, for a yearly total of 16 lectures.
Each weekly meeting consists of:
- An information-rich, entertaining, 45-minute presentation delivered by a subject matter expert, typically accompanied by slides or some other visual augmentation
- A 15-minute break for coffee, chat, and the opportunity to write a question for the presenter
- A lively, often provocative, and always informative Q&A session
We expect participants to leave with enough information and contacts to follow up on their own – or with friends and family – if they find themselves fascinated by a brand new interest.
3ALB is an incorporated not-for-profit organization. We are independent and autonomous, but are active members of the province-wide association of Third Age Learning groups, Third Age Network (TAN).
|Board of Directors|
|Secretary||Jane Ann Newson|
|Member at Large||Vito Barbera|
|Member at Large||Graham Swanson|
|Program Committee||Doug Fraser|
|Hospitality Committee||Bernice Pedreschi|
If you would like to join our mailing list, please sign up at the bottom of the page.
- Learn more about the development and evolution of Third Age Learning, Burlington.
- First Annual Report (March 2013)
- Minutes 2014 AGM (March 2014)
- Annual Report 2015/2016
- Annual Report 2016/2017
- Annual Report 2017/2018
- Annual Report 2018/2019
- Annual Report 2019/2020
- Privacy of Information: 3ALB respects privacy. More Information